It is rare you will come across a property of this pedigree. Architect-designed specifically for two artists, it oozes creative flair with varied and unique living spaces. Flooded with natural light, and with an air of understated opulence, the grounded structure has a calming connection with nature. Designed around a Koru and constructed from concrete and dry stacked limestone, this beautiful bespoke home is truly in harmony with its surroundings.
Hidden in a private location about 3 km from the jewel in the crown of this area, Tawharanui Regional Park, you will enjoy the stunning white sandy beaches, fresh air and natural surroundings. With a mixture of open pasture and native bush, Koru Hideaway is its own private sanctuary, rich in plant and bird life. Extensive revegetation and restoration of wetlands has been undertaken and covenanted, with almost half a million new plantings providing habitat for many endangered species such as kakareki and pateke.
This exceptionally private family home is nestled inconspicuously into the ridgeline above Christian Bay in the Greater Kawau Bay area and subtly blends into the landscape. With distant views past Whangaparoa to the Sky Tower you will feel connected to the city and secluded at the same time. Sunsets here are incredible.
Travel times are approximately one hour to the harbour bridge, 20-minutes by chopper to the airport and the local centre of Matakana only about 15-minutes’ drive. This true hideaway is uniquely situated to provide complete rest from the busy city life but retain proximity to the world class facilities Auckland now provides.
- Just under 24 hectares of rolling rural land, subject to title
- 640 square metres dwelling of dry-stacked limestone and concrete, cast on site
- Passive solar, thermally efficient design, captures winter sun, cool in summer
- Substantial entertaining decks, gorgeous pool, sub-tropical and native plantings
- Outdoor fireplaces, wood-fired pizza ovens, covered pergola
- Large commercial kitchen, state of the art appliances, wine cellar, pantry
- Two open fireplaces, two wood-burning stoves, diesel underfloor heating
- Infinitely edge pool, solar and heat pump heated, and Enviro-swim water treatment
- Roof catchment and potable bore water, on-site sewerage treatment system
- Two recently repurposed bedroom suites are currently in final stages of council sign off