Nestled in a commanding position 45 metres above one of Northland’s most stunning beaches is a home of such quality you really need to see it in person to appreciate it.
Master Builders Sustainable House of the Year in 2014, this fine example of contemporary architecture features cantilevered living spaces floating effortlessly over a solid concrete structure. Large but intimate open-plan living spaces connect seamlessly with vitex entertaining decks overlooking the beach and the stunning rural landscape to the rear.
Mature sub-tropical plantings provide a connection with the land and the outdoor living spaces. This deliberately low-maintenance home is the ultimate “lock up and leave” holiday home or family residence. There is no lawn to mow so you can concentrate on living not working. There is ample space on the beaches and reserve below for family and friends to let off steam.
Moureeses Bay is one of Northland’s best kept secrets. You can watch its ever-changing seascape with sunrise and sunset light shows, endless sea views and a stunning surf break when the conditions allow. For keen surfers Whananaki is only a few minutes away, the inlet provides boat access and great fishing with the option to launch off the boat ramp at Moureeses Bay below.
- 7,528 sqm of elevated and landscaped land, ancient Pohutukawa’s, hidden vegetable garden
- Multiple award winning house designed by Christchurch Architect Darren O’Neil
- Cantilevered design with custom steel framing, vertical cedar cladding, Euro-panel roof
- Top Quality insulation throughout, 22 solar panels (5.2KW) grid-connect solar system
- High-spec’ kitchen appliances including 900mm Fisher and Paykel induction hob and dish-drawer
- Bespoke concrete entrance staircase with exposed aggregate finish
- Triple garage with automatic doors and polished concrete floor, with room for the boat