Located in the heart of Russell, this iconic family home is truly one of a kind. The property occupies a highly coveted position, commanding a sense of privacy from the large landholding and mature gardens.
Blessed with high ceilings, covered verandahs and native Kauri floors the house exudes the charm of yesteryear. Modern comforts have been thoughtfully integrated. Current owners have sensitively renovated throughout, with full respect given to the original features of this stylish home.
Leading onto a sunny verandah overlooking the rear garden, the large family kitchen features an original Shacklock range and extensive cabinetry, built with shiplap timber from the original bathrooms. The well-proportioned, family lounge enjoys a sunny aspect, with a wood-burner for cosy winter evenings.
The generous master bedroom has a fully renovated en-suite bathroom and overlooks a wisteria-draped balcony and garden.
Of similar proportion, the second bedroom has an open fireplace and a leafy outlook. Within easy reach along the hallway sits a family bathroom and separate laundry. The third single bedroom is in a private position at the back of the house.
In addition to the main house, a sleep-out for additional guests has its own living area, bathroom and laundry and is cleverly annexed to the garage.
This is an exceptional property and a very rare offering.
- Elegant, Colonial-style house, prime central location
- Established gardens, terraced outdoor area with paved patio, alfresco dining
- Large garage with sleep-out, bathroom, laundry and separate power and hot water
- Ample off-street parking for cars and boats, storage under house
- Russell waterfront, restaurants and shops approximately 200m level walk