The Gatehouse, an intimate new home that successfully marries beautifully crafted historic timbers with a classic modern style, is conveniently located between Arrowtown's historic village and the Internationally acclaimed Millbrook Resort and Golf Course.
The contemporary kitchen is enriched with solid walnut island and benches and an adjoining scullery that ensures everything is kept in its place. Large windows flood the kitchen with natural light while old ironbark timber beams with hand-forged nails create an aged feel and homely warmth - black walnut flooring complete this wonderful space. A cosy media room and three double bedrooms, master with ensuite and walk in wardrobe, plus an additional large bedroom with ensuite above the garage provides ample space for family or guests.
The outdoor entertaining areas are perfect for year round use, with a substantial west evening outdoor porch room for casual dining and drinks, and a private covered deck outside the master bedroom with views of the Remarkables. English beech and holly hedges provide a lush backdrop and fabulous autumn colour complete what is a quality home for a discerning buyer.
- Designed by Hamish Learmonth
- Built by Barlow Building (Registered Master Builder)
- 707m2 freehold title
- 233m2 internal incl. garage, 27m2 storage loft, 65m2 covered deck
- Engineered timber trusses featuring reclaimed 1800's ironbark beams
- All porch ceilings lined with rich Totara timber, 100mm thick decking
- Mistral diesel boiler, Brugman radiators
- Eurotech wooden frames with argon filled double glazing
- Fresh air system for a healthy and dry environment
- Top grade XPS extruded polystyrene in the ceiling/foundations and wool insulated walls